Lions for Christ
The Lions for Christ is a Christian organization that focuses specifically on college students. Our primary focus is the University of Arkansas- Fort Smith, which is located directly across the street from us, but it is not a requirement to attend UAFS to be part of the Lions for Christ. There are many other great colleges in the area, and we welcome all students who want to participate.
The LFC has two major goals: build and grow our relationship with God, and build and grow our relationships with others. To accomplish this we have many different events and activities; during the school year as well as during summer. Some of these events include:
- Move-in assistance – At the beginning of the school year you will see us on campus handing out water bottles, and helping students move in.
- 2 weeks of special activities at the beginning of each school year.
- Retreats – We try to have one per semester. They are a weekend long at various retreat centers.
- Gulf Coast Getaway – In early January we go to Panama City Beach, Florida for a weekend to worship, fellowship, and strengthen our faith with other college ministries. This event is a powerful way to start the spring semester. Going to the beach is a highlight for many of our LFC members!
- Noon Meal – Each Thursday during the school year, a local church will host a free meal in the West-Ark Church of Christ gym. The lunch begins at noon, and everyone is welcome to show up within the hour to grab a bite to eat!
You’re probably wondering where to find us. On Sunday mornings at 10:30 AM you will find us worshiping at West-Ark Church of Christ—right across from UAFS, but our usual meeting place is in a house—the LFC campus house—which is located directly behind West-Ark. We have class in the house each Sunday at 9:30 AM and Wednesday nights at 7 PM. Also, the house is available daily for anyone who needs a place to study, hang out between classes, play games, or just relax for a while. Feel free to come visit the house, meet us, and see what we are all about!
The Lions for Christ is a registered student organization on the University of Arkansas Fort Smith. We are supported by the West-Ark Church of Christ and area contributors. For more information contact the West-Ark office at 479-452-1240 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org