The words that Paul, Silvanus and Timothy shared with the congregation in Thessalonica are very appropriate for our seniors and youth group today. As I speak to the youth, I invite the rest of the congregation to overhear . . .
1 Thess. 1:8-9 . . . Wherever we go we find people telling us about your faith in God. We don’t need to tell them about it, for they keep talking about the wonderful welcome you gave us and how you turned away from idols to serve the living and true God.
- We are proud of your decision to turn to Christ
- That may be a Future decision
- That may be a decision you made years ago. If so, then renew it and build on it.
- The decision to follow Christ is an everyday decision to turn to Christ in everything; and to turn away from the idols (distractions, empty pursuits of the world – some that may even seem really good. False gods often seem quite “godly”).
1 Thess. 1:6-7 . . . You know of our concern for you from the way we lived when we were with you.
In this way, you imitated both us and the Lord. 7 As a result, you have become an example to all the believers
- Look to those who will be good examples. Even as you imitate them, you will still be your own person.
- Adults and Peers who set a good example
- Be an Example the other youth who will notice you
- Sometimes we make too much of the word leader. If everyone is leading then who is following ?
- In the church, Jesus Christ is Lord and he leads thru his spirit. He is the authority.
- Leadership is not simply positional authority. It is influence. You lead others when the spirit of Christ works in you to be a spiritual influence on others. For instance, when you set a good example
- Youth influence us – After all, what gives us hope and joy, and what will be our proud reward and crown as we stand before our Lord Jesus when he returns? It is you! Yes, you are our pride and joy. (1 Thess)
Our encouragement to you is to do more and more of the good and godly things that you are doing.
Keep growing and following Christ
For, what seems like the end of a path is just beginning.
1 Thess. 4:1-2 . . . Finally, dear brothers and sisters,we urge you in the name of the Lord Jesus to live in a way that pleases God, as we have taught you. You live this way already, and we encourage you to do so even more. For you remember what we taught you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.
Sunday Morning Class
1st Grade (Shining Stars) Graduation in the Gym – Families are welcome!
3 Year Olds through 6th Graders promote
Guide to King’s Kids promotions
Sunday Morning Worship
All incoming 7th Graders and Seniors.
Early Deadline— May 30th
Don’t miss the spiritual experience you’ve been looking forward to since last year! Soul Quest on the campus of York College in York, Nebraska is coming! Join over 500 7-12th grade students and nearly 100 of our own WAYGers as we come together to grow, worship, fellowship and encounter God in an atmosphere unlike anything else. Applications are now available on Facebook, in the hanging files in the foyer next to the Youth Group bulletin board and in class! You will NOT want to miss out on this for ANYTHING!! PLEASE let Rick know if you want to donate money for scholarships or if you need a scholarship. Open to all incoming 7th graders through 2012 graduating Seniors! This week will be the BEST way to kick off your summer for God! Get your camper application here Get your staff application here